LBWN invites you to share this program with any eligible small business located in the Silver City, Burnham Park and Layton Park neighborhoods.
Thanks to generous funding support from the Zilber Family Foundation, Layton Boulevard West Neighbors is providing grants to support small businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses must be located in the Silver City, Burnham Park or Layton Park neighborhoods and have less than 15 employees or be a single-owner LLC or sole proprietorship. Priority funding is for minority and/or women-owned businesses, recently established businesses, and/or businesses operated by persons using an ITIN.
Grant amounts per business will be from $2,000 to $6,000 depending on need. Grants can cover up to 3 months of eligible expenses or $6,000, whichever is less.
Eligibility: Any small business located in Silver City, Burnham Park and Layton Park, with a priority for minority-owned and/or businesses established within the last three years. This includes businesses that are owned by someone with an ITIN. Business must have been established before February 1st, 2020. Legally-operating home-based businesses are eligible.
Applicants that DO NOT qualify:
- Businesses that continue to make enough to cover overhead expenses through sales and other available grants.
- Liquor stores, daycares, non-profits, religious organizations, franchises or chains (for example Herbalife).
- Any business that does not adhere to City code compliance.
Use of Grant Funds: Funds may be used to cover rent/mortgage, utilities, insurance premiums and business loan repayments (when these are not currently or will not be forgiven).
Deadline: Initial deadlines are May 29th, June 12th and June 26th while funding is available. Additional deadlines may be added if more funding is available.
If approved, applicants will need to submit the business W-9 form prior to receiving funding. The anticipated turnaround time for checks after receiving the W-9 form is two weeks.
For questions, contact Celia Benton at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 414-585-8536.
- Post from Community: LBWN announces grants for neighborhood small businesses impacted by COVID-19 - May 19, 2020
- Post from Community: Phobruary 2020 - February 3, 2020
- Post from the Community: Milwaukee’s newest soccer space opening on the South Side - September 19, 2019