Editor’s note: Posts from the Community is the place for community announcements and event postings. If you have a community-oriented event you feel our readers would be interested in, please submit here.
An in-person registration event for students who want to learn or improve their English or earn a high school credential will be held at all four Milwaukee Area Technical College campuses and the Education Center at Walker’s Square from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21.
Students can register for English as a Second Language (ESL) Adult High School, GED (General Education Development) or HSED (High School Equivalency Diploma) programs. MATC courses begin as early as Monday, Aug. 24.
Downtown Milwaukee Campus, 700 W. State St.
- Adult High School: C Building, Room C214 (please bring your high school transcripts)
- GED/HSED: Main Building, Room M224
- English as a Second Language: S Building, Room S203
Education Center at Walker’s Square, 816 W. National Ave., Milwaukee
- GED, English as a Second Language: 4th Floor
Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road
- English as a Second Language: Room A218
Oak Creek Campus, 6665 S. Howell Ave.
- GED/HSED: Room A214
- English as a Second Language: Room A248
West Allis Campus, 1200 S. 71st St.
- GED/HSED: Room 221
- English as a Second Language: Room 154
Students should bring a photo ID. They may need to take a test, which can take approximately two hours.
Strong health and safety protocols are in place. Temperatures will be taken at the door. A mask that covers the mouth and nose must be worn
For more information, call (414) 297-6282.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and one of the most diverse two-year institutions in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Nearly 35,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers more than 150 academic programs; and transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees with more than 35 four-year colleges and universities. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Post from Community: MATC hosts Sept. 16 registration event for GED, HSED, Basic Skills and English as a Second Language Programs at Walker’s Square - September 15, 2020
- Post from Community: MATC launches access to four-year degrees on campus with Lakeland University as first partner - August 28, 2020
- Post from Community: MATC announces plans to offer a mixture of online, in-person and hybrid/blended courses for the fall semester: receives Health Department approval - August 18, 2020