Editor’s note: Posts from the Community is the place for community announcements and event postings. If you have a community-oriented event you feel our readers would be interested in, please submit here.
Milwaukee Area Technical College will host a free, public virtual open house for prospective students and their families from 6-8 p.m. Thursday, April 29. The event will be held on Zoom and will utilize breakout rooms to meet with program and department representatives.
- Learn about MATC’s 170+ programs
- Explore associate degrees, technical diplomas, certificates and new digital badges
- Meet with faculty, who are industry experts in their fields
- Learn about admissions, financial aid and other student resources
- Hear from students and alumni
- Discover scholarship opportunities, including Promise for New High School Grads and Promise for Adults. The MATC Promise means free tuition for eligible students.
Visit matc.edu/openhouse to RSVP. For more information, call 414-297-6228 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to apply? MATC is waiving the $30 application fee for a limited time.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and one of the most diverse two-year institutions in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. More than 30,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers more than 150 academic programs; and transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees with more than 40 four-year colleges and universities. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.