Editor’s note: Posts from the Community is the place for community announcements and event postings. If you have a community-oriented event you feel our readers would be interested in, please submit here.
WE’RE HIRING! Do you know any MPS high school students that are dedicated leaders? We’re hiring fellows this fall to join our LIT family. We are looking for High School Fellows that will help us organize a political and cultural bloc of young people by engaging them in leadership development, civic engagement, and our Invest Divest campaign. The fellowship takes place from August 9th to December 3rd, 2021. Fellows will work 8 hours per week and compensation is $16.67 per hour.
- Must commit to working 8 hours a week
- Must be enrolled in a Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) high school
- Must attend school in-person
- Must have reliable transportation & communication
- Must be punctual
- Must have the ability to talk to new people (classmates, teachers, etc.)
- Must be willing to attend in-person events and meetings with safety protocols in place
Expectations and duties for the fellows include base building and campaign work through one on ones, outreach/events, and chapter meetings, leadership development through fellow trainings and other meetings, and civic engagement through tabling and voter education/registration events. The application will close on July 27, 2021 and interviews will begin soon after. You can find the application here.
If there are any questions, please contact Jasmine at firstname.lastname@example.org.