Editor’s note: Posts from the Community is the place for community announcements and event postings. If you have a community-oriented event you feel our readers would be interested in, please submit here.
Milwaukee Area Technical College will host two free, public virtual open houses for prospective students and their families from 6-8 p.m Nov. 10 and Nov. 11. The events will be held on Zoom and will utilize breakout rooms to meet with program and department representatives. Spanish-speaking staff will be available.
Session One on Wednesday, Nov. 10, will focus on programs in the following MATC Pathways: Healthcare; Manufacturing, Construction and Transportation; and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Session Two on Thursday, Nov. 11, will highlight Business; Community and Human Services; Creative Arts, Design and Media; and General Education.
- Learn about MATC’s 170+ programs.
- Explore associate degrees, technical diplomas, certificates and new digital badges.
- Meet with faculty, who are industry experts in their fields.
- Learn about admissions, financial aid and other student resources.
- Discover scholarship opportunities, including Promise for New High School Grads and Promise for Adults. The MATC Promise means free tuition for eligible students.
- Connect with MATC Student Life about athletics, student clubs and organizations, and learn about MATC’s new student housing at Westown Green.
- Hear from students and alumni.
Visit matc.edu/openhouse to RSVP. For more information, call 414-297-6228 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to apply? MATC is waiving the $30 application fee for a limited time!
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and one of the most diverse two-year institutions in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. More than 25,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers more than 170 academic programs; and transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees with more than 40 four-year colleges and universities. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Leave a Reply