Want to get out of that dead-end job? One way to do that is to invest in yourself.
On-the-job training of the kind provided by several organizations in Milwaukee represents just such an investment. You can earn as you learn.
Here are some of the opportunities available
2. Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin offers paid phlebotomist training to those who are hired for the position. Phlebotomists retrieve blood and other specimens for use or testing. For more information on this opportunity, you can go to this website or call 414-937-6300.
3. Milwaukee Christian Center offers paid work training through its Youth Build program. The program is geared toward residents 18 to 24 and offers housing and carpentry training as well as opportunities to complete a GED. For more information, you can check its website or call 414-902 5394.
4. The Joseph Project offers weekly training and connects people to high-paying jobs. The group also offers transportation to jobs it connects people to. For more information, you can follow its website or call 414-732-8450.
5. Milwaukee Building-Construction Trades Council offers on-the-job training with pay and professional classroom and shop instruction through its apprenticeship program. For information, you can look here or call 414-475-5580.
7. AmeriCorps offers on-the-job training to 18–26-year-olds that apply to be Corp members. This program lasts 10 to 12 months, depending on the type of work you sign up to do. For more information, you can check its website or call 1-800-942-2677.
Other job resources
SEEK Careers/Staffing Inc. houses a list of employment resources and helps connect people with employment opportunities.
Cutting Edge Staffing offers free training in several different fields.
Employ Milwaukee helps connect people to jobs.
If your organization offers on-the-job training and you don’t see it here, please contact PrincessSafiya Byers at firstname.lastname@example.org.