Milwaukee Recreation has scheduled three one-week arts camp offerings bringing young students together with local teaching artists. Camps for those ages 8-12 will be held from 9 a.m. to noon weekdays July 11-15; for ages 13-16, 9 a.m. to noon weekdays July 18-22. All camps will be held at Juneau High School, 6415 W. Mt. Vernon Ave.
Planned camps include:
- Visual Arts with Erica Heisdorf: Learn and experiment with basic techniques in painting, drawing, printmaking and sculpture.
- Theater with Kai Simone: Play theater games and learn skills of improvisation.
- Dance with Christina Ratatori: Explore different styles and forms of dance and movement.
The cost is $30 for Milwaukee residents and $45 for non-residents. Visit www.milwaukeerecreation.net for information or to register online.
- Construction professionals use their skills to help feed the hungry - December 11, 2018
- Clouds can’t keep Milwaukee eclipse viewers indoors - August 21, 2017
- ‘Urban Heroes, Urban Wood’ tells story of Milwaukee’s black community - February 20, 2017