Arts @ Large, a local non-profit arts education organization, seeks a bi-lingual (Spanish and English) communications assistant to support their work in communicating to a wide range of constituents, including but not limited to; community artist educators, school staff and administrators, parents, families, students and the general public. The qualified candidate will have experience working across multiple communications platforms including social media, website management, event marketing and news reporting. This is a part-time position with the opportunity for growth.
Arts @ Large MISSION: Arts @ Large will engage students, families, educators, artists and community partners in integrated arts programming.
Arts @ Large VISION: Every child receives a comprehensive education that integrates the arts.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create online marketing materials for A@L, school and community events
• Update the A@L website with event information and news items
• Manage A@L social media including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
• Use multimedia (video, photo, etc.) to document A@L programming
• Develop engaging stories for newsletters, e-blasts, etc. – which will include writing copy, interviewing stakeholders and taking photographs
• Manage the A@L email listserv
• Experience writing marketing and event copy • Experience designing marketing fliers and electronic media • Experience managing social media-based communications platforms for an organization • Experience writing human interest stories and interviewing constituents • Some knowledge of website management and updating • Bi-lingual, fluent in both English and Spanish
Compensation to be determined based on qualifications.
Please send resume, cover letter and two references to Arts @ Large Program Manager Ryan Hurley via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 908 South 5th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 by Dec. 6th, 2013. For more information about Arts @ Large, please visit: www.artsatlargeinc.orgDid you like this story? Subscribe to NNS today.