About Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps, often referred to as a domestic Peace Corps, places individuals within communities to give a year of their life to serving others. Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps places full-time members with host sites (nonprofit organizations) throughout the state of Wisconsin to help “Get Things Done”. The Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps program is administered by Marshfield Clinic in partnership with the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee.
Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps will place forty-eight (48) full-time AmeriCorps members throughout Wisconsin to support the development of nonprofit organizational capacity to engage volunteers.
Staff from Marshfield Clinic and the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee will provide training at AmeriCorps orientation in October to prepare members for their term of service. Topics at orientation will include administrative processing, benefits, rules and regulations and intensive training in volunteer management practices. After orientation, members will be ready to begin serving at their host site. Staff from Marshfield Clinic and the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee will provide education, training and technical assistance throughout the term of service
Applicants for AmeriCorps member positions must be willing to serve for the duration of the term of service (1700 hours minimum), averaging approximately 35- 40 hours a week. Members must also be able to handle the financial commitment made by accepting the position. Applicants must be 21 years of age by October 21, 2014 possess a high school diploma or GED/HSED and agree to criminal background checks and Department of Motor Vehicles check.
Members receive a living allowance of approximately $536 (gross) every two weeks over their term of service, along with medical healthcare insurance (premium paid by Marshfield Clinic), free service gear, childcare assistance (if qualified), and vacation time. Upon successful completion of the term of service, members receive a $5,645 educational award. Educational awards can be used for loan repayment, future schooling costs and special educational opportunities. Members have the option of serving up to four terms and earning the equivalent of two full-time educational awards over their lifetime. Members have up to seven years to utilize educational awards.
Volunteer Wisconsin AmeriCorps members are overseen by host site supervisors and provided with regular support and direction from the Marshfield Clinic AmeriCorps program manager and staff.
Members will have a unique opportunity to build their personal portfolio, develop their skills and serve their community through a year of service.
About Lead2Change, Inc.
Lead2Change, Inc. (L2C) is a youth leadership organization committed to authentically engaging young people in leadership opportunities preparing them to be successful leaders in college, the workforce and society. Through Philanthropy, College and Career Readiness and Neighborhood Engagement, young people are involved in meaningful activities that assist with enhancing their leadership and employability skills. Through youth and adult partnerships, L2C engages both groups of people in opportunities to partner and devise strategies to effectively manage L2C’s programs. Members will develop the Lead2Change, Inc. volunteer program for the College and Career Readiness, Neighborhood Engagement and Philanthropy program. The member will also manage students in our Block by Block program.
Term of service: December 2014 – October 2015.
- December 2nd – 4th, 2014
- January 12-14, 2015
*All expenses are covered for these required trainings.
- Members must be at least 21 years of age by October 21, 2014.
- Members must have a HS Diploma or GED certificate.
- Members must be able to pass a criminal, FBI and DMV background check (Note: having a background does not automatically exclude you from membership).
- Members MUST attend orientation on December 2nd – 4th, 2014 AND midterm training on January 12-14, 2015. Members cannot leave at any time during the training sessions.
- Members must accept position as a full-time priority over other jobs and be able to complete 1700 hours of service.
- Living allowance paid every two weeks during term of service. Payments are approximately $536 every two weeks. Final payroll is determined by member’s tax status.
- Education award of $5,645 is provided upon successful completion of service.
- Childcare assistance is available based on household income eligibility (informationprovided on request).
- Basic individual health insurance plan for member only, no dental or eye provided byprogram.
- Mileage, meals and housing are provided for all required Volunteer WisconsinAmeriCorps trainings and events.
- AmeriCorps service gear provided by program.
Please submit cover letter, résumé to HumanResources@lead2changeinc.org.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.