United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County (UWGMWC) has a unique opportunity for a Director of Marketing, reporting to the Vice President, Resource Development, who is responsible, in partnership with the Director of Communications, to the Chairperson of the Marketing and Communications Committee and Board of Directors:
- Develops and executes long-range marketing plans for the entire organization that advances the strategic goals of UWGMWC, including, predominately resource development needs as well as overall brand awareness and enhancement;
- Customer sponsorship solicitation, customization, and compliance with agreed-upon sponsorship benefits;
- Marketing and marketing research efforts;
- Advertising, creative and media placement, and special events;
- Oversees and leverages United Way Worldwide’s efforts locally, as appropriate.
United Way is a recognized national brand and is the largest funder of health and human services outside of the federal government. Funds raised through United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County remain local and are invested in nearly 220-plus programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide leadership in the strategic planning and execution of all internal and external marketing efforts of UWGMWC in its mission to address the community’s health and human services needs. These include, but are not limited to the creation, execution and tracking of an advertising strategy (budget and placement) including the creation of collateral ads for print, digital, outdoor, radio, TV, etc., and management of our website and special events.
- Ensure brand consistency in all UWGMWC efforts, while protecting United Way’s brand, monitoring usage of its name, logo and overall identity ensuring compliance with established branding standards and guidelines in the marketplace.
- Partner with the marketing and media communities to develop and secure a strong advertising campaign resulting from effective media planning negotiation and buying, plus creative development.
- Serve as one of the organization’s spokespeople and a strong, engaged ambassador in the community, including by conducting presentations to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Play a lead role in identifying, customizing and securing key corporate and media sponsorships which result in significant organizational funding and in-kind resources.
- Secure market research and proactively anticipate marketplace needs and dynamics responding accordingly to ensure positive outcomes.
- Assist with event planning—including oversight of event planning staff as well as media placement and design strategies for our events.
- Oversee and leverage United Way Worldwide’s efforts for local market integration.
- In collaboration with Director of Communications, develop strategy for marketing and communicating all of UWGMWC’s work, including especially key community impact work as well as opportunities to engage with our work. Lead efforts here to secure and maintain agency partnerships.
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications, manage volunteer recruitment and involvement of Marketing and Communications committee members, along with related responsibilities to the Community Campaign Co-Chairs, Volunteer Engagement Committee, and other United Way volunteers as needed.
- Perform full range of leadership and managerial responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; performance and project management; and in collaboration with the VP of Resource Development, budgeting and vendor transaction approvals. Also responsible for leading and supporting interns and volunteers.
DIRECT REPORTS: (4) Brand Manager; Graphic Designer; Marketing and Administrative Specialist; Marketing Project Planner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, marketing, or related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years related communication experience with demonstrated achievement in a competitive environment; management experience preferred.
- Strong vision and strategic thinking abilities that address integrated, short- and long-term organization needs.
- Demonstrated brand management skills.
- Ability to develop strategic alliances in the community and with United Way Worldwide and its membership.
- Experience managing, collaborating with and inspiring volunteers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Greater Milwaukee marketing including the broad consumer market local advertising community, philanthropic environment, and corporate landscape.
- Leadership and team building skills, including coaching, negotiation, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Board of Directors and other volunteers, staff, media, marketing community, community groups, plus customers and agency program partners.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good understanding of group dynamics and group facilitation skills. Experience in working with diverse populations. Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands. Ability to work in a complex environment using technical and interpersonal skills. Ability to apply database management software concepts to practical situations. Proficient with computer applications such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, ANDAR (donor database), and Internet desired.
REASONING Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Able to drive reliable vehicle to meetings, appointments and events.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For further job criteria and complete details, click on: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/33040796. If you meet or exceed job requirements, please apply directly at this web address today. NOTE: **Preferred Candidate Identified** Please indicate your salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer