Alderwoman Coggs said Riverworks is a vibrant business improvement district (BID) in Harambee that has helped to bring positive improvements to an area that features a diverse mix of commercial and small business entities. “Riverworks Week provides the BID an opportunity to engage with the community and I invite the community to attend the events this week,” she said.
The schedule of Riverworks Week events features:
- Monday-Friday from 7 – 10 a.m.: POP UP Cafe with free coffee and muffins from Colectivo while supplies last (located in the food truck court area where the Beerline Trail meets Holton Street.
- Wednesday evening (September 19) beginning at 6:30 p.m.: 4th Annual Dolphin Pool contest held at the Goat Palace, 3740 N. Fratney St. The event will feature pitches from six local start-ups while they compete, live music, snacks and beverages.
- Thursday (September 20) is the 1st Annual BID Awards from 5 – 7:30 p.m. at Gathering Place Brewery, 811 E. Vienna Ave.
- Friday (September 21) is the Creative District Alive Riverworks Block Party from 6 -10 p.m. where the Beerline meets Holton St. Music from Paul Cebar, food trucks, 53212 Brewery Syndicate, cocktails by Centro, rickshaw rides, Inventor’s Circus and more.
- Saturday (September 22) will feature a Doors Open MKE BID Tour with Bublr Bikes. This is a ticketed DoMKE tour, $10. Please sign up through Doors Open – www.doorsopenmilwaukee.org.
For more info on the week visit http://www.riverworksmke.org/week/
- Riverworks Week kicks off with full slate of events - September 18, 2018
- 2016 Riverworks Holiday Bazaar - December 15, 2016
- Riverworks City Center touted as catalyst for Harambee commercial corridor - April 13, 2016