Senior Account Manager, Resource Development
Envision a world where every community is a strong one, with jobs that pay a livable wage, good schools are available to everyone and a healthy environment is offered to all. Around the world, right now, United Way is engaging people and organizations in innovative solutions that are transforming that vision into reality. Be part of positive social change in our local community and consider joining our team at United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County.
We are seeking a Senior Account Manager in our Resource Development department to help develop and implement effective strategies and tactics to increase workplace and corporate giving in the corporate engagement and healthcare division.
What will you do?
- Responsible for achieving fundraising goals in your assigned portfolio (Corporate Engagement and the Healthcare and Physician divisions). This involves developing written plans for campaign projects, creating time schedules, and developing new or top leadership prospects and strategies. You’ll also set goals and projections for your assigned divisions.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and accountability of annual campaign activities. You’ll work closely with our Company Ambassadors to prepare and run successful workplace campaigns. This includes providing support to the Lead for the Ambassador training program which includes assisting in developing program content, designing and applying assessment tools to measure the training effectiveness. In addition, you’ll continue to support our Ambassadors throughout their campaigns.
- Serve as a contact for the MillerCoors’ Tri-City Partnership – their initiative around reducing barriers to employment in Milwaukee, Chicago and Denver. This means participating in weekly calls with MillerCoors during their campaign season and showing support by assisting in the hire of a MillerCoors sponsored Administrative Loaned Executive.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with company decision-makers, volunteer coordinators, Loaned Executives, assigned cabinet representatives and volunteer solicitors assigned to accounts in your division. This means having up-to-date knowledge of internal support processes, providing regular and timely communication with United Way leadership, cabinet leadership, Ambassadors and assigned volunteers, and includes facilitating campaign meetings with Cabinet members and volunteer solicitors within the Healthcare and Physician Divisions, helping coordinate internal account solicitations, kickoffs, leadership events, agency fairs and special events. It also includes planning and facilitating monthly meetings with Milwaukee Regional Medical Campus organizations.
United Way Core Competencies for All Staff
- Accountability – Commitment to increasing the contributions to the level required to meet annual goals.
- Business Acumen –Ability to understand the mission operations and functions, the external environment and how workplace donations can contribute to community impact.
- Ability to multi-task due to the need to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This requires effective time management, setting priorities and continuous management of project plans.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products. Experience in Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud or other customer relationship management software a plus.
- Mission-Focused – Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement. Ability to professionally and effectively communicate through verbal and written means and ensuring that those that need specific information acquire it; plan and deliver communication that makes an impact and persuades the audience.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- This role supervises a group of Loaned Executives (seasonal, temporary campaign employees) and management of volunteers for the assigned divisions/target markets.
- Undergraduate degree related to marketing, sales, business or planning from a four-year college or university and 4-6 years fundraising or related experience.
- Understanding of marketing, sales or fundraising and customer service roles and general supervisory experience.
- Understanding of non-profits, human services and philanthropy.
- Good understanding of group dynamics and good group facilitation skills.
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
- Ability to staff volunteer committees.
- Prior United Way and/or non-profit account management and sales experience a plus.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will strengthen your knowledge of community issues and organizations that address those issues.
- You will directly impact our local community – the money you raise goes directly to support programs that make a difference.
- We offer free parking, health, vision and dental insurance, a health reimbursement arrangement that consists of United Way money going towards your health insurance deductible, generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid sick time, short and long-term disability, group life ad&d, 403b thrift plan with a union base contribution, employee assistance program.
United Way, a recognized national brand, is the largest funder of health and human services outside of the federal government. Funds raised by United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County remain local and are invested in nearly 220 programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners. Make a difference – apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Disability / Female / Minority / Veteran
- Post from Community: United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County to focus on reducing barriers to employment & advancement in 2020 campaign - September 7, 2020
- Post from Community: ManpowerGroup and United Way partner on fifth annual Virtual Men’s Job Seminar - September 7, 2020
- Post from Community: United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County Announces Inaugural Grants for Safe & Stable Homes Initiative - August 10, 2020