Beat cabin fever this February in Silver City with the sixth annual “Phobruary.” This year, Silver City participating restaurants include Bamboo Restaurant, Thai Bar-B-Que, and Vientiane Noodle Shop (all supplied by the Asian International Market). Each restaurant will offer Pho at a special price of $5 per bowl; Monday through Friday, dine-in only.
The Silver City District, nestled between Miller Park and the Mitchell Park Domes on National Avenue, features three authentic international restaurants participating in Phobruary every Monday through Friday in February:
Bamboo in Silver City | 3427 W National Avenue | 10:30am – 9pm
Thai Bar-B-Que | 3417 W National Avenue | 11:00am-10:00pm(closed Tuesdays)
Vientiane Noodle Shop | 3422 W National Avenue | 10:30am-8:30pm
After trying the various Pho options, individuals may vote for their preferred restaurant on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LaytonBoulevardWestNeighbors/. The winner will be recognized at the end of Phobruary.
So, what is Pho? It’s a soup native to Vietnam, common in Laos and Thailand, which delivers a complex combination of flavors that dance on the tongue’s taste buds. It combines noodles with a choice of thinly-sliced beef, chicken, vegetables or tofu, and also offers a multitude of garnishes and fresh herbs to tailor the soup to individual preferences. These typically include Thai Basil, sprouts, cilantro, limes, jalapeño, sauces, peppers, and other items. This delicious combination of flavors will satisfy your hunger by the time you get to the bottom of the bowl.
Looking for ways to take your love for Pho (pronounced “fuh”) up a notch?
“Phon” (fun) in Silver City Challenge
- Eat at all three Phobruary spots in February and you will automatically receive a signed Certificate of Achievement for your great work!
- Be entered to win a $25 gift certificate to the Asian International Market (winner announced March 1st).
- To enter, you must submit receipts and picture of yourself with each bowl of pho to email@example.com*
“What the Pho!” Challenge
The first three people to eat at all three Phobruary spots in one day will receive a $25 gift certificate to the Asian International Market AND a signed Certificate of Excellence for your incredible work and stamina. To enter, you must submit receipts and picture of yourself with each bowl of pho to firstname.lastname@example.org*
* By submitting photos participants agree to let LBWN post and use photos for promotion. For details on the Pho Challenges and other Phobruary details visit http://www.lbwn.org/phobruary.
The Silver City Business District, located just minutes from the Menomonee Valley, I-94, and downtown Milwaukee, offers amenities such as the Hank Aaron State Trail, the Urban Ecology Center, Three Bridges Park, Miller Park, and the Mitchell Park Domes. Silver City is one of Milwaukee’s most diverse and vibrant neighborhoods, blending historic architecture with exciting retail and ethnic dining opportunities. With its rich collection of international restaurants, one can travel the world without leaving the neighborhood. For more information visit www.lbwn.org/silvercity.
Layton Boulevard West Neighbors stabilizes and revitalizes the Silver City, Burnham Park and Layton Park neighborhoods of Milwaukee through a variety of strategies including promoting small business development, job creation, and strengthening commercial corridors. For more information, visit www.lbwn.org.
- Post from Community: LBWN announces grants for neighborhood small businesses impacted by COVID-19 - May 19, 2020
- Post from Community: Phobruary 2020 - February 3, 2020
- Post from the Community: Milwaukee’s newest soccer space opening on the South Side - September 19, 2019