- Bins, barrels, organic compost, and accessories must be pre-ordered online at milwaukeecompostersale.ecwid.com/ by May 24, 2019
- Pick up purchased items on Saturday, June 1 from 9:00 a.m. to noon in the Estabrook Park parking lot, 4600 Estabrook Parkway
- Pick-up on June 1 will take place rain or shine
- No day-of sales will be made at Estabrook Park on June 1 – pre-orders by May 24 only will be honored
- This sale is not restricted to City of Milwaukee residents.
Earth Machine™ compost bins and SYSTERN rain barrels will be available for $50 and $69 respectively (including tax), a significant savings from regular retail prices of $100 and $120, respectively. Organic compost comes in 25-pound bags (approximately one cubic foot per bag) for $10 per bag ($8 for current organics pilot participants).
Are you a beginner composter? Visit milwaukee.gov/CompostBinSale for more information.
Composting and rainwater harvesting go hand in hand. One inch of rainwater falling onto a 1,000 square-foot roof yields up to 600 gallons of water saved from our storm water sewer systems. Residents can use this harvested water for their lawns and gardens without turning on the tap, which conserves our natural resources and helps save money on their water bills. To learn more about rainwater harvesting, visit freshcoast740.com.
Visit MilwaukeeRecycles.com for more information or call (414) 286-CITY (2489).