Clark will lead the crowd on a one-mile, parade-style Walk followed by a block party featuring stage entertainment with Clark, prizes, family-friendly activities and lunch. The proceeds from the Walk for Children benefit Next Door’s critical early childhood education programming for Milwaukee children living in poverty.
This 2019 Walk for Children comes during a momentous year for Next Door – the agency’s 50thAnniversary!
Next Door will also celebrate the Walk’s Presenting Sponsor – the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. The company has served in this role since the Walk for Children began in 1989. This year, Harley-Davidson surpassed the $1 million mark in employee support for the Walk.
Event registration begins at 9 a.m. at Next Door’s main campus at 2545 N. 29th Street. The Walk kicks off at 10 a.m. Guests can register the day of the event, however, Next Door encourages everyone to sign up in advance at www.nextdoormke.org.
This year’s block party attractions include:
- Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
- DJ Dee Train
- Harley-Davidson “Trike Track”
- Medical College of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy
- Milwaukee Public Museum and Kohl’s On the Move outreach program
- Milwaukee Public Schools
- North Shore Bank
- WISN 12 emcees, Mark Baden and Stephanie Sutton
- Free books for children from Next Door’s Books for Kids Mobile Library
- Face painting and children’s games
- Prizes include: Children’s bicycles, Target and Costco gift cards, Summerfest tickets, Milwaukee County Zoo passes and Schlitz Audubon Nature Center passes
- A free lunch
For more information, contact Max Seigle at Next Door at (414) 999-2585 or at email@example.com.