It’s Monday in Milwaukee, and here are some events we think you shouldn’t miss. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email email@example.com and put 5 things in the subject line by noon Friday.
1. Project Clean & Green pickup: Monday, May 20 through May 27
Milwaukee residents who live in Zone 3, which is made up of Aldermanic Districts 1 and 7 and sections of Aldermanic Districts 2 and 6, are reminded that May 20 through May 27 is their Clean & Green week. The Department of Public Works will pick up unwanted bulky items such as furniture, mattresses, grass and tree clippings, tires and other household items. The pickup is free and will take place on your regular garbage collection day. For questions, call (414) 286-CITY (2489).
2. Garden plant sale: Monday, May 20
Alice’s Garden, 2136 N. 21st St., is hosting a garden plant sale starting at 5 p.m. Herb and vegetable plants and organic plant material will be available to purchase.
3. Pinto con Tinto: Tuesday, May 21
Latino Arts is hosting a Pinto con Tinto on the rooftop of 88Nine Radio Milwaukee, 220 E. Pittsburgh Ave. Participants are invited to get creative as they color and paint Milwaukee-themed “Loteria” cards, which depict cultural icons of Milwaukee. Tickets cost $25 and can be purchased on mivoz.com.
4. Meetings on Bublr bike share expansion: Wednesday, May 22
The Department of Public Works plans to expand the city’s Bublr bike share program with 26 stations and 250 bicycles. Several meetings will be held to discuss potential locations. The first meeting will take place at 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 22 at the Mitchell Street Library, 906 W. Historic Mitchell St. Spanish interpretation will be provided.
5. Heal the Hood MKE block party: Saturday, May 25
This year marks the eighth annual Heal the Hood block party at North 10th Street and West Atkinson Street. The party starts at noon and will feature music by B-Free and Homer Blow as well as shows by the Milwaukee Flyers tumbling team. There also will be vendors, free food, face painting and more.
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Nov. 23 to Nov. 28 - November 23, 2020
- 5 things to do and know the weekend of Nov. 20 - November 20, 2020
- NNS Spotlight: ‘We wouldn’t take a recess’: How the Southside Organizing Center presses on despite the pandemic - November 17, 2020