It’s Monday in Milwaukee, and here are some events we think you shouldn’t miss. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email email@example.com and put 5 things in the subject line by noon Friday.
- Memorial Day annual observance: Monday, May 27
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs invites the Milwaukee community to remember and honor Milwaukee’s veterans at the Wood National Cemetery, 5000 W. National Ave. The event will begin at 9:10 a.m. with music by the Milwaukee American Legion Band. Speakers include Congresswoman Gwen Moore and Gov. Tony Evers.
- Vegan Soul’s cooking series: Monday, May 27
Vegan Soul is hosting its third installment of its plant-based cooking series at Tricklebee Café, 4424 W. North Ave at 6 p.m. Monday, May 27. Participants will learn how to make BBQ pulled pork from trumpet mushrooms and vegan fried fish from jackfruit. Tickets cost $25.
- Gwen T. Jackson Day: Tuesday, May 28
Milwaukeeans are invited to learn about Gwen T. Jackson’s legacy of community service at King Drive Commons Gallery, 2767 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Jackson was known for her work as a volunteer for American Red Cross, United Way, Urban League and more. The event begins at 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 28.
- Let’s Talk: Doula 101: Wednesday, May 29
Doulas and those interested in becoming one are invited to learn and connect at Bloom Studio, 3017 W. Juneau Ave. A Miracle Happened Wellness and Birth Services will host the event. Tickets cost $20. The event begins at 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 29.
- Transforming youth justice in Milwaukee: Wednesday, May 29 and Thursday, May 30
Youth Justice in Milwaukee and the city’s Office of Violence Prevention are hosting an interactive discussion about the care for youth in Milwaukee County. Session one will address what youth justice is in Milwaukee and session two will address what youth justice needs to be. The event will be held at Destiny High School, 7210 N. 76th St., and will start at 5:30 p.m. both nights.
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Aug. 10 to Aug. 15 - August 10, 2020
- 5 things to do and know the weekend of Aug. 7 - August 7, 2020
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Aug. 3 to Aug. 8 - August 3, 2020