It’s Friday in Milwaukee, and here are some events that can enrich your weekend. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “5 things” in the subject line by noon Thursday.
- Mommy and Me paint night at Vibez: Friday, July 5Vibez Creative Arts Space, 3536 W. Fond du Lac Ave., is hosting a special paint night for moms and their children ages 5 and older. Pre-registration is required, and tickets cost $25. Painting begins at 5 p.m. Friday, July 5.
- Bike ride with Red Bike & Green-Milwaukee: Sunday, July 7
Red Bike & Green, is a group of black urban cyclists who are on a mission to improve the health, economy and local environment of African Americans. This Sunday, July 7, the group is hitting the Hank Aaron Trail for a seven to nine-mile bike ride. The group plans to meet on the trail at South Sixth and West Canal streets. The ride will start at 1 p.m.
- Jeannine Rivers Duo at Enderis Park: Sunday, July 7
Jeannine Rivers, a Milwaukee singer, will perform at the Enderis Park farmers market, 2965 N. 72nd St., on Sunday, July 7. Known for her electrifying sound, Rivers’ performance will kick off at 9 a.m.
- Yoga in the park with Embody Yoga: Sunday, July 7
Embody Yoga will be teaching a yoga class in Johnson Park, 2222 N. 19th St., on Sunday, July 7. Class begins at 10 a.m. Those interested should bring a mat, a towel and a reusable water bottle.
- SistaStrings concert at the Jazz Estate: Sunday, July 7
SistaStrings will be playing at the Jazz Estate, 2423 N. Murray Ave., on Sunday, July 7. The concert will celebrate the release of its debut album, “Lift.” Nickel&Rose will also be performing. The concert starts at 7 p.m. and tickets cost $20 for presale and $25 at the door.