To support young members of the LGBTQ+ community (ages 12-24) and their allies, members of the Safe & Sound’s 27th Street West Drug Free Coalition, the 53206 Drug-Free Communities Project, and the City of Milwaukee Tobacco-Free Alliance have organized a LGBTQ+ Youth Substance Use Prevention Summit, which includes a resource fair, panel discussion, video presentations, and a spectacular drag show.
This free community event will take place at the Milwaukee Repertory Theater, Stackner Cabaret, 108 E. Wells St., Milwaukee, on Thursday, August 8, from 5 to 9 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
- Stacy Clark, Intersectionality Among Men Program Coordinator, Diverse & Resilient
- Elle Halo, Health Connections, Inc.
- Kaila, youth entrepreneur
- michael munson, Co-Founder and Executive Director of FORGE
- Ryan Shorey, Assistant Professor of Psychology, UW-Milwaukee
- Megan Simonson, Aide, Whitnall High School
After the discussion, participants will be treated to performances from Nick Bone-Us, Lady J, Coco Monet, Sylvia Nyxx, and Montell Infiniti Ross.
Don’t miss this chance to meet your people! RSVP now at this link: