Ascension Wisconsin will host its “Medical Mission at Home” for the first time in Milwaukee on Saturday, September 14. More than 500 volunteers including medical staff and associates, will offer medical exams, dental care, podiatry services, mammograms, medication, follow-up care, and more. All services are offered free and no insurance is required. All are welcome to attend.
When: Saturday, September 14, 2019
Where: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
North Division High School
1011 West Center Street – Milwaukee, WI
What’s it all about?
The term “medical mission” often refers to volunteer caregivers who travel to other countries to provide medical services. The Ascension Wisconsin Medical Mission at Home does the same thing for neighbors in need, right here in our own community.
The Medical Mission at Home offers spiritually-centered care to improve the health of our neighbors, friends and anyone who may find it difficult to access the care they need. Best of all, it’s free, so no insurance is needed. Services are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Patient registration begins at 8:00 a.m. All patients who have registered by 2 p.m. will be seen. Some of the services provided are:
- Medical exams
- Dental care (first-come, first-served)
- Lab testing
- Foot washing and podiatry screenings
- Specialty Care
- Spiritual Care
- Follow-up care
Our doctors, nurses, providers, staff and volunteers will be on hand to make sure both children and adults receive a free medical exam. Patient navigators will guide participants through the process.
Language interpreters will be available, and patients will be provided healthy snacks throughout the day. Socks, hats, mittens, gloves, teddy bears and hygiene supplies will be available to our guests.
- Post from Community: Your questions answered about breastfeeding — free Facebook Live, September 3 - August 28, 2020
- Post from Community: SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Advance Program reopened to all eligible small businesses and non-profits impacted by COVID-19 pandemic - June 18, 2020
- Post from Community: Charter launches 2020 digital education grant program, part of $6 million, four-year cash and in-kind commitment to broadband usage and training - June 18, 2020