Here is a snapshot of current emergency food assistance resources:
- An interactive map confirmed by Hunger Task Force of locations providing emergency food to children and adults
- The Gathering is still providing food but has shifted to bag lunches/pre-packaged meals
- St. Ben’s is still providing food with an evening meal Sun – Fri but limited to the first 50 arrivals. They have closed the clothing bank at the House of Peace and stopped accepting donations at both sites. The Emergency Food Pantry at the House of Peace is a curbside service, limiting the people in the building.
- St. Vincent de Paul (two locations, south side and north side) are both distributing pre-packaged meals
- McCanon Brown Homeless Sanctuary’s “Doorway Ministry” has suspended Friday night dinner but is distributing bag lunches Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Friedens food pantry locations appear to still be open, some limitations apply
- Open Door Cafe is temporarily closed for hot lunch, but continues to distribute bag lunches
- 211 search of resources – use their database for query by need (food, clothing, etc.) and location.
Local 24-Hour domestic violence hotlines:
- Sojourner Family Peace Center – (414) 933-2722
- Community Advocates – (414) 671-6140
- Post from Community: Where to go for emergency food assistance and help with domestic violence - March 25, 2020
- Post from Community: As temperatures drop, the Milwaukee Continuum of Care will provide warming rooms for Milwaukee’s homeless - November 8, 2019
- Milwaukee Continuum of Care Point in Time Homeless Count - May 18, 2017