Editor’s note: Our Posts from the Community feature is a platform for community announcements and event postings. If you have a post to be considered, send it to email@example.com or submit it directly.
Brew City Match partners recognize that small business are vital to our neighborhoods, and are an economic engine for our City. During this pandemic, small business has been severely impacted by closures. As a response, our partners have developed two resources for small business owners located within the Brew City Match program area. This includes the Cesar Chavez Drive, Historic King Drive, Near West Side, and North Avenue/Fond du Lac Marketplace Business Improvement Districts, and the neighborhoods directly around those corridors.
- The Brew City Match COVID-19 Small Business Grant that provides up to $1,200 to assist small businesses with rent and payroll support. Participating Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) will be administering these grants.
- The Brew City Match COVID-19 Small Business Emergency Loan Fund that provides zero interest loans to small businesses to assist with rent, payroll, and additional business expenses. The Hmong Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce will be processing these loans.
Applications are available on the Brew City Match website on the COVID-19 page with directions on how to apply.
- Post from Community: Theodore Lipscomb named to top job at LISC Milwaukee to expand economic development investments, deepen response to COVID-19 - July 7, 2020
- Post from Community: Grants and loans to support Milwaukee small businesses from LISC Milwaukee - May 21, 2020
- Post from Community: Application now open for the LISC Small Business Relief Grants - April 23, 2020