Editor’s note: Our Posts from the Community feature is a platform for community announcements and event postings. If you have a post to be considered, send it to email@example.com or submit it directly.
Election day is Tuesday, April 7. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and a shortage of poll workers, the City of Milwaukee has indicated it will need to greatly consolidate polling locations to less than 12 sites instead of the typical 180 sites. HACM strongly encourages everyone to vote by absentee or vote early to minimize crowds at the polls on election day.
REQUESTING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
DEADLINE IS TODAY, APRIL 2, 2020 BY 5:00 PM
- Call (414) 286-VOTE or go to www.myvote.wi.gov on your computer or mobile device and select “Vote Absentee” option.
- Confirm your address and select whether you want an absentee ballot for the Tuesday, April 7 election or all elections in 2020.
- You will be taken through a series of prompts, including verifying your identity by providing a picture of your state ID.
- The website will direct you to a confirmation page, which you can choose to print if you would like.
- Please note that someone needs to witness the signature of your ballot.
- 1. Vote the ballot in the presence of one adult witness. The witness cannot be a candidate for the election.
- 2. Follow proper social distancing techniques, like washing your hands before and after interacting, and staying at least six feet away from each other. Do not to share pens, and make sure you cough into your elbow or a tissue.
RETURNING YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT (City of Milwaukee Only)
Ballot Must Be Received By Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- Mail the ballot in the self-addressed envelope provided.
- Or make sure your Absentee Ballot is received by Tuesday, April 7 and drop it off:
- Every day from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm through April 7, 2020
- Election Commission staff are available to witness voter signatures.
- Zablocki Library – 3501 W. Oklahoma Ave. (enter through the courtyard)
- Bay View Library – 2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
- Washington Park Library – 2121 N Sherman Blvd.
- Mill Road Library – 6431 N. 76th St.
- Frank P. Zeidler Municipal Bldg – 841 N. Broadway
VOTE EARLY DOWNTOWN
DRIVE-UP VOTING (City of Milwaukee Only)
Now Through Sunday, April 5, 2020
Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday – Sunday 10 am to 3 pm
- Zeidler Municipal Building – 841 N Broadway
- Please enter the line that begins on southbound Broadway between State St and Kilbourn Ave. Follow the traffic instructions of election staff and please have your photo ID ready. Staff will meet you at your vehicle to view your photo ID, issue, secure and witness your absentee ballot.