Editor’s note: Our Posts from the Community feature is a platform for community announcements and event postings. If you have a post to be considered, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it directly.
Starting this week, the Wisconsin National Guard will be pausing COVID-19 testing at its Midtown Center. Residents of Milwaukee’s North Side neighborhoods can still access diagnostic COVID-19 testing at nine area hospital systems and community health centers.
Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should call their healthcare provider to set up an appointment. If you do not have a provider, call 2-1-1 to speak with a nurse about your symptoms and find a nearby location to be tested. There are no insurance, income or immigration restrictions for receiving a COVID-19 diagnostic test. All are welcome.
“In addition to the work of the National Guard, our healthcare system has testing available for symptomatic individuals at multiple locations across the city,” said Mayor Tom Barrett. “Do not let cost, lack of insurance or absence of a primary care doctor keep you from receiving care. There are plenty of resources available to help you during this time, and we want to encourage you to take advantage of them to keep yourself, and your community, safe.”
COVID-19 testing sites on Milwaukee’s North Side are offered by Ascension Wisconsin, Advocate Aurora Health, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Health Services, Inc., Outreach Community Health Centers and Progressive Community Health Centers.
Individuals will have the opportunity to speak with a nurse to:
- Understand and identify COVID-19 symptoms
- Learn what precautions to take while waiting for test results
- Receive instructions on how to treat illness at home and keep family members safe from virus exposure
- Help manage chronic conditions like diabetes and asthma while in isolation
- Access medications, behavioral health services and other health care needs
- Get connected to the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, insurance coverage and other social services
Locations and Contact Information:
Milwaukee Health Services, Inc.
2555 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
8200 W. Silver Spring Drive
Outreach Community Health Centers
210 W. Capitol Drive
Progressive Community Health Centers
3522 W. Lisbon Ave.
Ascension St. Joseph
5000 W. Chambers Street
Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Family Health Center
1121 W. North Ave.
Ascension All Saints Family Heath Center
2400 W. Villard Ave.
Aurora Health Center Midtown
5818 W. Capitol Drive
Froedtert North Hills Health Center
W129 N7055 Northfield Dr.
Menomonee Falls, WI, 53051
- Post from Community: Nine testing sites available for Milwaukee’s North Side neighborhoods - May 25, 2020
- Mayor’s proposed 2020 budget hearings schedule - August 3, 2019
- City of Milwaukee named semi-finalist for prestigious health award - December 13, 2018