Editor’s note: Posts from the Community is the place for community announcements and event postings. If you have a community-oriented event you feel our readers would be interested in, please submit here.
Milwaukee County Healthy Start will host a Facebook Live discussion about breastfeeding at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, September 3. Join for free on Facebook @MilwaukeeHealthyStart.
Experts from Milwaukee County Healthy Start, the City of Milwaukee Health Department and MyNP Professional LLC will provide some basic education about breastfeeding that include: things you should know, benefits of breastfeeding, resources and support. Your questions can be submitted in advance at email@example.com or asked live during the discussion.
Many things contribute to a healthy and safe pregnancy. If you are pregnant or planning a family, Healthy Start can help you get the information and services you need to have a healthy baby, raise a healthy family, and keep yourself healthy and strong.
Maternal child-health navigators can connect you to the resources you need:
- Mental and behavioral health support
- Healthcare insurance help
- Baby care basics and new parent education
- Pregnancy support and education
- Support for fathers learning to establish healthy relationships
- Family resources to help you create a healthy home
- Access to housing, safety, transportation and employment
- And much more
Learn more and sign up at milwaukeehealthystart.org.
- Post from Community: Your questions answered about breastfeeding — free Facebook Live, September 3 - August 28, 2020
- Post from Community: SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Advance Program reopened to all eligible small businesses and non-profits impacted by COVID-19 pandemic - June 18, 2020
- Post from Community: Charter launches 2020 digital education grant program, part of $6 million, four-year cash and in-kind commitment to broadband usage and training - June 18, 2020